Monday, September 16, 2013

GOING TO WE-DAY ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooo excited!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok guys, so first you're going to be wondering what We-day is. SO, I'll tell you about it. DUH :-P !!
We-day is an event that will take place THIS FRIDAY and it brings students and other people from all over the world together to talk about important issues around the world. We-day is organized by Me-to-we, which is this thing started by Free the Children that goes to schools around Canada and find kewl students (like me) lol.... not to brag or anything, and encourages them to do stuff.... ok let me be more specific about what Free the Children is....

It's a  non-profit organization started by Craig and Mark Keilburger (when they were only 12 years old!!) to help stop child abuse. Well, now it also supports enviromental causes, ending animal cruelty, and giving people fresh drinking water. As you can see, they are pretty awesome!! And this organization means a lot to me.

I have a friend named Katelyn, she's awesome right, and her dad used to work for free the children. In fact, he helped start Me-to-we and to organize We-day. He even did a bunch of awesome stuff like designing this logo:


It's a very nice and simple logo, isn't it?! I really like it.

SO.... I made it to the me-to-we leadership team which only 11 students from our overpopulated intermediate division got into:


Now I'd like to tell you about what I will be doing at we-day. We will be treated as V.I.P guests at a  thing where there are going to be some awesome people speaking. Such as....

The Honourable Kathleen Wynne-
She is the current premier of Ontario,Canada and it's pretty amazing that she is taking some time off from her busy workplace to talk to us!! I wrote an article about Kathleen Wynne so I know a lot about her. She really loves Ontario's youth!! I might post the article some time later.


The Kenyan boys Choir-
These are probably the people who I am most excited to see. Don't they look like Masai warriors?!  


Martin Luther King III-
An American human rights advocate. I don't know too much about him. But we'll find out....


Demi Lovato-
URMIGURD SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTTTYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will you believe that she had to suffer bullying?! IKR, what terrible person would bully her :o ?!
Izb loves her!! I don't really know too much about her though.... but she's a great singer.



Craig and Mark Keilbuger themselves!!!!!!

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME.

Ok guys, that's all for this post!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to upload lots of We-Day pictures and stuff!!!!!!!!!

BYE!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment